D140; parked it, grandson played on it, now it wont start

Badfrog

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / D140; parked it, grandson played on it, now it wont start
My grandson played on the mower after I parked it and left the key in it. next day the key was in the run (no headlights) position. I tried to start it and nothing. Yes, I checked the battery... 12.8V. But it acts completely dead; I did try hooking up the battery charger (It immediately goes to FLO (Charged). no headlights, the hours meter does not even come on... I checked all connections, everything looks good.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the fuse
Get a really big key ring and put the key on it
When you get off the mower pull the key and slip it over the dip stick
Two good things then happen
1) you remember to check the oil
2) kids do not bugger things up

Now you have checked that all the controls are in the proper positions
Turn the blades on & off a couple of times select forward & reverse a few times same with the parking brake .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
My grandson played on the mower after I parked it and left the key in it. next day the key was in the run (no headlights) position. I tried to start it and nothing. Yes, I checked the battery... 12.8V. But it acts completely dead; I did try hooking up the battery charger (It immediately goes to FLO (Charged). no headlights, the hours meter does not even come on... I checked all connections, everything looks good.
Hoping the grandson is over 15 YO? Sounds dangerous letting kids play on mowers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We should see if we can get a tragic injury forum so all of these can be easily found and people who are not thinking properly can be directed to