D125 cranking but not starting

Rich_92

Forum Newbie
Threads
My D125 had a dead battery. I tried jump starting but that did nothing. I have since changed the battery, the air filter, fuel filter, plugs. The engine cranks but does not start. Any ideas? Is there a control module that I could have fried when I tried jump starting?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Is the engine turning over fast enough?
Also, what spark plugs did you use?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would post all model and serial numbers from the engine we would be better able to help you out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the spark plug out and pu a small amount of fuel ( I use carb cleaner ) down the hole replace the plug & crank
Engine fires = ignition timing is good & plugs working
Do the same down the carb throat
Engine fires a few times = valves are also working
That leaves fuel as the problem
Remove the solenoid in the carb & check that it retracts when the key is in the on position.

Let us know how it goes & don't forget to answer Rivets questions above at the same time .

Rich_92

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you would post all model and serial numbers from the engine we would be better able to help you out.Its a briggs & Stratt
Ita a Briggs & Stratton
Model Year: 2013
Engine Family: DBSXS.7242VA
EU: e11*97/68SA*2004/26*0877*00(II)
Air Index #3
Displacement: 656cc
DOM: Nov 2013

Last edited:

Rich_92

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take the spark plug out and pu a small amount of fuel ( I use carb cleaner ) down the hole replace the plug & crank
Engine fires = ignition timing is good & plugs working
Do the same down the carb throat
Engine fires a few times = valves are also working
That leaves fuel as the problem
Remove the solenoid in the carb & check that it retracts when the key is in the on position.

Let us know how it goes & don't forget to answer Rivets questions above at the same time .
I have ordered a new solenoid. I am not hearing the click. I will try the carb cleaner thru the air intake and let you know.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those are not the model, type or code numbers we need. They should be stamped on the shroud, above the plug or on the side.

Rich_92

Forum Newbie
Threads
Those are not the model, type or code numbers we need. They should be stamped on the shroud, above the plug or on the side.
Apologies. I hope this is what you are looking for
Model - 40R877
Type - 0008G1
Code - 181202YG

This was engraved on one side.

Rich_92

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update - I changed the solenoid and now it started. I have not used it in the yard as it freezing here in CT. Don't know if that was the issue. I will reinstall the old one to check and update this forum.