Export thread

D125 cranking but not starting

R

Rich_92

My D125 had a dead battery. I tried jump starting but that did nothing. I have since changed the battery, the air filter, fuel filter, plugs. The engine cranks but does not start. Any ideas? Is there a control module that I could have fried when I tried jump starting?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Is the engine turning over fast enough?
Also, what spark plugs did you use?

R

Rivets

If you would post all model and serial numbers from the engine we would be better able to help you out.

B

bertsmobile1

Take the spark plug out and pu a small amount of fuel ( I use carb cleaner ) down the hole replace the plug & crank
Engine fires = ignition timing is good & plugs working
Do the same down the carb throat
Engine fires a few times = valves are also working
That leaves fuel as the problem
Remove the solenoid in the carb & check that it retracts when the key is in the on position.

Let us know how it goes & don't forget to answer Rivets questions above at the same time .

R

Rich_92

I have ordered
Is the engine turning over fast enough?
Also, what spark plugs did you use?
Yes. There were champions in them

R

Rich_92

If you would post all model and serial numbers from the engine we would be better able to help you out.Its a briggs & Stratt
Ita a Briggs & Stratton
Model Year: 2013
Engine Family: DBSXS.7242VA
EU: e11*97/68SA*2004/26*0877*00(II)
Air Index #3
Displacement: 656cc
DOM: Nov 2013

R

Rich_92

Take the spark plug out and pu a small amount of fuel ( I use carb cleaner ) down the hole replace the plug & crank
Engine fires = ignition timing is good & plugs working
Do the same down the carb throat
Engine fires a few times = valves are also working
That leaves fuel as the problem
Remove the solenoid in the carb & check that it retracts when the key is in the on position.

Let us know how it goes & don't forget to answer Rivets questions above at the same time .
I have ordered a new solenoid. I am not hearing the click. I will try the carb cleaner thru the air intake and let you know.

R

Rivets

Those are not the model, type or code numbers we need. They should be stamped on the shroud, above the plug or on the side.

R

Rich_92

Those are not the model, type or code numbers we need. They should be stamped on the shroud, above the plug or on the side.
Apologies. I hope this is what you are looking for
Model - 40R877
Type - 0008G1
Code - 181202YG

This was engraved on one side.

R

Rich_92

Update - I changed the solenoid and now it started. I have not used it in the yard as it freezing here in CT. Don't know if that was the issue. I will reinstall the old one to check and update this forum.