CV730 Head gasket

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think you are overthinking the smoke out the oil fill tube. Some smoke is normal. it gets a lot worse with a blown gasket. Something to consider. Could the mower be thinking is is going into reverse when you push the pedal all the way down.

I think you're right on both accounts. The new leak down tester said everything was fine & dandy.

The red and green wire to the transmission are cut or broken off. The end of the red wire is exposed. Without regards to any safety issue, if I tape the end of the red wire, would it allow the mower to mow in reverse, and ultimately solve this? Or should the wires be fixed and reconnected?
PS.. for this customer, i'm going to fix them, just because of who they are. So the question above is for my own personal knowledge.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try taping the wire won't hurt anything for shop testing. It will work or it won't

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try taping the wire won't hurt anything for shop testing. It will work or it won't

Yes sir, that's what I did, just to test it. And the PTO stayed running. After repairing the wires and get them back in place, trying to back up, it did what it was supposed to do. Thanks for your help.