Export thread

Cutting issue

T

Tadinolfi

I’ve got an older procat that’s leaving a portion of grass uncut. It’s not between the blades as you’d expect but instead appears on the backside cut on each blade. Sitting on the machine the left blade is cutting at the 9oclock position but not at the 3oclock position. And each blade appears to be doing the same. Almost looks like the grass is blown over. I’ve tried new gator blades, belts, I’m lost here. Almost even seems like the side discharge is a little less than usual. I know the blades are turning at the right speed.

R

Rivets

First thing I would check and probably level the deck. If that doesn’t work come back with answers to the following questions.
1. What is the model and serial numbers for the unit?
2. When were the blades last replaced ?
3. Have the blades been sharpened and balanced recently?
4. When was the last time the belt was changed?
5. When was the last time the spindles were serviced?
6. Have you ever serviced the entire deck? Checking all pulleys, tensioner arm, wear anywhere?

Answers to these questions will help us understand what you are dealing with and then we can proceed to offer better solutions.

sgkent

sgkent

also when did it start? Did you make any changes before it began?

T

Tadinolfi

As stated I’ve changed the blades with gator blades, and belts. Everything on the deck is in perfect shape and operating as it should. It’s a procat with a 62” side discharge deck. Deck has been adjusted with a 1/8” forward tilt.

T

Tadinolfi

As stated I’ve changed the blades with gator bladesand belts. Everything on the deck is in perfect shape and operating as it should.

T

Tadinolfi

Sure is a helpful site lol

StarTech

StarTech

I know this might dumb but you didn't install them upside did you?

D

davis2

I was going to suggest the same thing. I did it earlier this year.

B

bertsmobile1

Not all blades will work with all decks
To me it is just a case of the wrong blades for your deck
Gators can be a bit touchy and seem to work better with pressed decks than fabricated decks
Air flow under decks is a very complicated thing
I keep some old used Gators for customers to try out some that the outer flute has broken off or have been sharpened to their safe limit .
From your description it just sounds like wrong blades
There is a difference between fits and works and obviously yours don't work.
No one here works for Oregon and Rivets laid out all of the common blade problems

T

Tadinolfi

I was going to suggest the same thing. I did it earlier this year.
No

T

Tadinolfi

Not all blades will work with all decks
To me it is just a case of the wrong blades for your deck
Gators can be a bit touchy and seem to work better with pressed decks than fabricated decks
Air flow under decks is a very complicated thing
I keep some old used Gators for customers to try out some that the outer flute has broken off or have been sharpened to their safe limit .
From your description it just sounds like wrong blades
There is a difference between fits and works and obviously yours don't work.
No one here works for Oregon and Rivets laid out all of the common blade problems
That’s all I can figure I’m going to switch back to oem and see what happens. I own a outdoor power equipment facility for the past 40 yrs and have never not been able to correctly solve this problem on customers equipment. I’m straight out baffled I can’t solve it on my own ZTR….

B

bertsmobile1

That is because it is your mower & you are not being paid to fix it
Great Dane notched blades work better on Great Danes than Great Dane blades do
Gators will not work on GD Chariots but Toro Mulchers do
It is all about deck air flow as you should know
In the overlap region the left blade is throwing to the back of the deck but the right one is throwing to the front
No wonder the blades of grass get confused so lie down to rest their weary brains

S

slomo

Mow more often. My state is getting a lot of rain. Grass is responding.

T

Tadinolfi

Mow more often. My state is getting a lot of rain. Grass is responding.
Lol thx

T

Tadinolfi

I found the issue. The site is virtually useless though.

StarTech

StarTech

I found the issue. The site is virtually useless though.
Well what enlightening us as to what you found to be the problem? We here to learn too.

R

Rivets

Why is the site useless?

T

Tadinolfi

Well what enlightening us as to what you found to be the problem? We here to learn too.
Bobcat procat with the duradeck needs the offset blades to get the correct air distribution under the deck. Previous owner switched to a flat blade. I looked up the oem and switched to the offset and cuts perfect now.

T

Tadinolfi

Why is the site useless?
Because no one was the least bit helpful or knowledgeable

StarTech

StarTech

Sir you got remember that no one can know everything nor we all seeing. I your case someone had already screwed up so you were dealing something that most seldom see.

Also I had no idea who even makes the Procat mower have. I never had anything in my shop with the label Procat. But of course I am small shop and only been at the mower repairs for 14 yrs now.

Only now you posted (#18) it was a Bobcat. Googling Procat didn't bring that up so I kept my mouth shut.

S

slomo

So in less than 30 minutes, you fixed the issue, had ALL the parts INSTOCK, and tested this unknown mower out? Awesome......

Why the heck did you even come here? You sound like you can whip a bear with a fly swatter.

R

Rivets

In post #2 I asked 6 questions so we could better help you. You never answered question #1, engine numbers please and to the rest of the questions you said everything is in perfect condition. What does that mean? Can’t be in perfect condition if it has the wrong blades installed by you, but we could never diagnose that from the info you provided. Didn’t Bert talk about Gator Blades might not be compatible? If you’ve been in business for 40+ years you would know that no one’s psychic and to solve a problem we need info to picture the problem. If you don’t help us how are we supposed to help you? You were about as useless to us as you say we are to you. Look in the mirror before saying we are useless.

S

slomo

Look in the mirror before saying we are useless.
He didn't mean anything by it. He sounds like one of those "entitled" people that thinks the world owes him a living.

T

Tadinolfi

So in less than 30 minutes, you fixed the issue, had ALL the parts INSTOCK, and tested this unknown mower out? Awesome......

Why the heck did you even come here? You sound like you can whip a bear with a fly swatter.
I pretty much can obv

T

Tadinolfi

In post #2 I asked 6 questions so we could better help you. You never answered question #1, engine numbers please and to the rest of the questions you said everything is in perfect condition. What does that mean? Can’t be in perfect condition if it has the wrong blades installed by you, but we could never diagnose that from the info you provided. Didn’t Bert talk about Gator Blades might not be compatible? If you’ve been in business for 40+ years you would know that no one’s psychic and to solve a problem we need info to picture the problem. If you don’t help us how are we supposed to help you? You were about as useless to us as you say we are to you. Look in the mirror before saying we are useless.
Had nothing to do with whether they were gators or not what mattered was the offset. now for offset gators and it’s fine

T

Tadinolfi

He didn't mean anything by it. He sounds like one of those "entitled" people that thinks the world owes him a living.
Naw just experience wise I’m out of your league and way above your pay grade son

T

Tadinolfi

Sir you got remember that no one can know everything nor we all seeing. I your case someone had already screwed up so you were dealing something that most seldom see.

Also I had no idea who even makes the Procat mower have. I never had anything in my shop with the label Procat. But of course I am small shop and only been at the mower repairs for 14 yrs now.

Only now you posted (#18) it was a Bobcat. Googling Procat didn't bring that up so I kept my mouth shut.
Well sorry doctor google it’s Bobcat Procat

R

Rivets

And you still can’t find a model and serial number? As I say to the better half when I end a discussion, “Yes dear, you are right”

R

Rivets

And I should added, we should have known that the real reason for your problem was that you tried using the wrong blades. I wish COVID hadn’t ruined my ESP.

T

Tadinolfi

And I should added, we should have known that the real reason for your problem was that you tried using the wrong blades. I wish COVID hadn’t ruined my ESP.

T

Tadinolfi

Seems covid ruined more than your esp your ability to pay attention left you as well. I didn’t put those blades on it.

R

Rivets

That’s confusing to me because you state in your first three posts you installed the blade and later later you stated you were going to remove them and go back to OEM blades. You stated you were experience wise you’re out of our league, which is true. You are still in little league and we made the big leagues. You have some catching up to do. Yes dear, my last post so now you can have the final word.

T

Tadinolfi

That’s confusing to me because you state in your first three posts you installed the blade and later later you stated you were going to remove them and go back to OEM blades. You stated you were experience wise you’re out of our league, which is true. You are still in little league and we made the big leagues. You have some catching up to do. Yes dear, my last post so now you can have the final word.
Yes I installed blades like the ones I took off which are unlike the offset oem blades. Once I researched and found it took a offset blade that’s what I replaced them with the second time. You made the big leagues. I’m sure you work for some one else, unlike my successfully owned shop of over 30yrs, repairing over 5000 pieces of equipment yearly with 12 full time employees. So tell me more junior.

G

Gord Baker

I’ve got an older procat that’s leaving a portion of grass uncut. It’s not between the blades as you’d expect but instead appears on the backside cut on each blade. Sitting on the machine the left blade is cutting at the 9oclock position but not at the 3oclock position. And each blade appears to be doing the same. Almost looks like the grass is blown over. I’ve tried new gator blades, belts, I’m lost here. Almost even seems like the side discharge is a little less than usual. I know the blades are turning at the right speed.
Make sure the NEW blades are installed correctly. Check the rotation direction and have cutting edge leading.
Blades wear at the ends and yours may be just a bit short if they are old.

S

STEVES

Yes I installed blades like the ones I took off which are unlike the offset oem blades. Once I researched and found it took a offset blade that’s what I replaced them with the second time. You made the big leagues. I’m sure you work for some one else, unlike my successfully owned shop of over 30yrs, repairing over 5000 pieces of equipment yearly with 12 full time employees. So tell me more junior.
Never match blades, look up by model #s, Oh Ya, your smart, own own company. I'm not going to You! Even I know to look up parts as my customers match blades - big mistake!!

StarTech

StarTech

And users wonder why I insist on having the make, model, and serial numbers of the equipment along all the engine numbers.

B

bertsmobile1

My father taught me never to argue with an idiot because they will drag the arguement down to their own moronic level then beat you hands down due to their vast experience at argueing at that level.
I dropped out of this thread for that same reason very early in the piece .
I am here to lear & help where I can , those who want an arguement can do so with some else than me as my tim e is more important than that

B

bullet bob

Another key-board warrior. Good-bye!

StarTech

StarTech

My father taught me never to argue with an idiot because they will drag the argument down to their own moronic level then beat you hands down due to their vast experience at arguing at that level.
I dropped out of this thread for that same reason very early in the piece .
I am here to lear & help where I can , those who want an argument can do so with some else than me as my time is more important than that
I am quickly learning to bail on threads too. Why waste my time and nerves. Even with as much experience I have there is always something new to learn, even others miss steps.

We must be willing to admit our mistake, accept criticism (though it is tough sometimes), and learn from our own miss steps.

I have fought my normal posting habits all weekend here just to stay out of threads here but I still research the problems to my own benefit.

And we do have those that will argue with a sign board with not a letter on it.

D

davis2

Well, that is physically impossible... But thanks for proving my point. I feel bad for the revolving door of your employees. I can imagine how you treat captives...