Cutting deck cables Thickness with and length

andy4150

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having a hell of a time trying to get replacement V belts for my Honda HT-R3811 cutting Deck.
When I called a "VERY Large" Honda Parts dealer the guy at the parts deck didn't have a clue as to what would be an alternate cable that could be used as he couldn't tell by the part #. Honda also didn't know the cable specs when I called them in Atlanta. WHY oh WHy cant Honda post an alternate cable substitute so people can know what the measurement's actually are? Does anybody out there have a HT-R3811 and know what would be a substitute V belt to use? H E L P!:confused2::confused2::confused2:

serelaw

Threads
Try this
And this for size

If 5/8x66" try auto parts store. Prob cheaper also.
I have bought some from auto parts stores before.
Hope this helps.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
For belts go to auto parts store. For cables go to bike shop

andy4150

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try this
And this for size

If 5/8x66" try auto parts store. Prob cheaper also.
I have bought some from auto parts stores before.
Hope this helps.

Much Thanks I will. I'm discovering I think all the V-Belts are 5/8 by* or as NAPA identifies them 5 +whatever length, 4 is 1/2 in. substitute. Thanks again

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
All three belts for this nearly 30 year-old rider are still available from Honda, granted, they aren't inexpensive, but are available.

I believe the descriptions in the Honda catalogs include a part number that may match aftermarket versions of the belts (see highlights) but don't quote me on that.

belts_zpsd87f1ee8.jpg

Attachments

• belts_zpsd87f1ee8.jpg
    belts_zpsd87f1ee8.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1

andy4150

Forum Newbie
Threads
Robert,
Thank you very much for your input.. After an exhaustive search I was able to find substitute cables for considerably less expensive and have ordered them.
Now on to repairing the unit.
Thanks again
Andy Anderson