Cutting 4 foot grass

tigercat

Threads
I was trying the Scag yesterday cutting 4 foot tall grass. My first few passes weren't cutting all that great, then I discovered I needed to throttle it up. It was fun to chop the "hay" down.
That was really fun to do!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just for further reference all riders and ZTR's are supposed to be ran at full throttle. If you don't you will shorten the hydros life a lot.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was trying the Scag yesterday cutting 4 foot tall grass. My first few passes weren't cutting all that great, then I discovered I needed to throttle it up. It was fun to chop the "hay" down.
That was really fun to do!

Those are awesome mowers.mwe have three of them with the 52" decks and Kawasaki engines on them. There are not many out there that will cut grass with them especially in extreme conditions like you have videoed. We run them in grass close to that tall many times day in and day out and they take a licking and keep on ticking.

tigercat

Threads
Just for further reference all riders and ZTR's are supposed to be ran at full throttle. If you don't you will shorten the hydros life a lot.

I normally run it wide open, just for some reason listening to my tunes, I didn't realize it until I noticed the cut was more knocked down than short. :laughing:

Midniteoyl

Threads
Slow just a little bit, and it should cut even better..

WP_20130617_002.jpg

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I normally run it wide open, just for some reason listening to my tunes, I didn't realize it until I noticed the cut was more knocked down than short. :laughing:

Run engine speed wide open and ground speed slow. The Tiger Cat Scag is one bad boy when it comes to cutting tall grass..