Cubcadet rzt42 question

Ganall

Threads
I have a Cubcadet RZT42 and when I engage the deck in low speed my whole deck shakes but if you let it run when u got it engaged in low speed it doesn't shake. Why does it do that.

TNMSvcMgr

Forum Newbie
Threads
First off do you mean that you are engaging the deck at low throttle or while you are moving? Neither is recommended. You should only engage the deck while at full throttle or while mower is at a complete stop. Hope this helps!

Parkmower

Threads
I think he means engaging the PTO at low throttle. I have the same mower and I think I know what he means.
I never engage PTO at low throttle so it's not bad.

Ganall

Threads
Yeah, i mean at low thottle, it still shakes, you are suppose to engage the deck at low throttle so you extend the clutch life

txzrider

Threads
none of my owners manuals have stated that. I only engage at full throttle!

tybilly

Threads
try 3/4 to full throttle,

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a Cubcadet RZT42 and when I engage the deck in low speed my whole deck shakes but if you let it run when u got it engaged in low speed it doesn't shake. Why does it do that.

The Engine should be started with the throttle control in the full forward position, at that point when your ready to engage the blades the throttle should be back off to 3/4 and no less than mid throttle to engage the blades. Your deck is shaking because the engine doesn't have enough rpm/ power to engage the pto and blades correctly. When you engage at low speed speed the engine bogs down at first because every bit of power it has is being used on the pto and blades and belts to get them moving making the engine stress and the deck shake, the deck stops shaking when the engine regains its rpm's and things are running normal at or for the speed of the throttle setting because it's no longer under stress. It's bad on the engine, the pto and belts to to engage a pto at low speed.