CubCadet MTD HDS 3185

yzinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, wanting to know whats going on with my C.C. MTD HDS3185 18 hp v-twin. When ingaging PTO switch blades take a while to start turning they start slow barely then builds up speed boggs down when cutting and blades slow way down and i have to wait for it to build back up speed. I noticed that the pto, that rubber thing doe's press down , when i disengage pto switch the rubber thing lifts back up. can any one please help.thanks:frown:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't know what "rubber thing" you might have...
But check if the drive belt is loose... :smile:KennyV

CajunCub

Threads
That is a spindle brake pad. You have a problem with the releasing of those brakes, check out the spring pull back on that.

yzinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
cubcadet 008.jpg
Hello, wanting to know whats going on with my C.C. MTD HDS3185 18 hp v-twin. When ingaging PTO switch blades take a while to start turning they start slow barely then builds up speed boggs down when cutting and blades slow way down and i have to wait for it to build back up speed. I noticed that the pto, that rubber thing doe's press down , when i disengage pto switch the rubber thing lifts back up. can any one please help.thanks:frown:

Hey,kennyv I now checked the engine drive belts (2) are loose and crackedWanting to change them here are some pics. Do you loosen those hex head bolts and the belts come off from the bottom as shown. Do you have to change the belts from the bottom, i can't find where else to change them.

Attachments

• cubcadet 008.jpg
    cubcadet 008.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 13
  • cubcadet 009.jpg
    cubcadet 009.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes the bolts are there to help keep the belts from falling off the pulley when the belts are loose... remove them and they will come off the bottom... :smile:KennyV

yzinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Kenny V man, for info your the man bro. then i will loosen the tension rod and those Hex heads bolts and replace the 2- belts thanks.