Cubcadet, johndeere, husqvarna

Ganall

Threads
What kind of push mower does anyone suggest to buy?

Threads
I think they are all fairly good. But when I am looking for a push mower, those are not the brands I would look for. Just curious, why do you want cub cadet, john deere, or husqvarna and not toro, snapper, honda, etc.?

Threads
You know what? You're best off buying the absolute cheapest thing you can find. Definitely under $100. Why? Because generally for homeowner use, it's good enough, and it will be LIGHT. No stupid fancy features that mostly add weight way beyond their usefulness.

My last $70 21" rotary is now approaching 20 years old and still works perfectly. Starts on the first pull. Runs like an electric motor. (Tecumseh engine!) Blades are cheap. I change the oil whenever I think of it. It's still on the original sparkplug. It has rudimentary "safety" features (a blade brake) that are very easy to defeat. I taped the bail down with some bicycle handlebar tape. I added a $6 fuel shutoff valve to stop the engine. That way the carb stays dry during storage and it's ready to go on the first pull every Spring.

There's no reason at all why anyone should pay $400-$500 for a walk-behind mower. A spinning blade on a $70 mower cuts just as well as a spinning blade on a $500 feature-laden 80-lb Honda.

Ganall

Threads
I found a johndeere jx75 push mower at our landfill the only thing that looked wrong with it was the pull rope starter mechanism was smashed and the gas cap, and dipstick was missin and the air filter cover was missing. I took it home took everything apart that I thought was wrong with it and bought new parts for it and it runs amazing its got a blade brake clutch on it. it had rocks in the gas tank but got them out. It runs like brand new.