Cub RER

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Even Cub Cadet had a rer as of 1998!

A 1998 Cub Cadet 1027 Rear Engine Rider.

9HP B&S, 27.5", foot pedal controled variable speed.

Attachments

• Cub_RER.jpg
    Cub_RER.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 12
  • cub_rer_engine_bay.jpg
    cub_rer_engine_bay.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 11

LandN

Threads
Even Cub Cadet had a rer as of 1998!

A 1998 Cub Cadet 1027 Rear Engine Rider.

9HP B&S, 27.5", foot pedal controled variable speed.

hey twall didn't some company(can't remember) call their rer mower the lawn bug or something like that? so now when are you getting a cc rer and restore it ,then you can have a 3 way standoff on all your brands:smile: hey, i was at sears last night to pick up my leaf blower(thats a whole story) and while there i was checking out the rer mowers (they have 2 versions,right) and the one you mentioned a while back in your thread about the snapper and craftsman are alike . yes that black creftsman rer looked pretty good sitting there, but whats up with the bare cable from the clutch/brake pedal and going through the(apparently allowed) hole in the tube frame. the cable seems to rub a lot on the tube frame . is that right or not

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
hey twall didn't some company(can't remember) call their rer mower the lawn bug or something like that? so now when are you getting a cc rer and restore it ,then you can have a 3 way standoff on all your brands:smile: hey, i was at sears last night to pick up my leaf blower(thats a whole story) and while there i was checking out the rer mowers (they have 2 versions,right) and the one you mentioned a while back in your thread about the snapper and craftsman are alike . yes that black creftsman rer looked pretty good sitting there, but whats up with the bare cable from the clutch/brake pedal and going through the(apparently allowed) hole in the tube frame. the cable seems to rub a lot on the tube frame . is that right or not

That would be Cub Cadet...this mower was the 'Lawn Bug'.......or were you bein sarcastic? :laughing:

Good catch! Yes, the lighter versions of the Snapper (the tube versions) use a cable you can see, attached directly to the pedal - not the pivot! It's a strange system, but I have heard no 'famous' problems with it.......didja notice it's a really HEAVY cable? That tube is hefty, too......it'd wear, for sure, but not to the point of compromising either.......not at least for 10 years....:biggrin:

There are two versions, I was lucky enough to get the heavier '15' series, which has a rectangular 'tube', a box channel - instead of a swingset tube.....

As far as Craftsman RER's, yeah, they have a really cheaply-built version, and a Snapper-built version. As much as I defend Murray, as many of you could've predicted, I was told Murray built the cheap RER..........:frown:

LandN

Threads
no sarcasm , just couldn't remember the company, it was the catchy name that i remembered,in fact i thought i remembered seeing one at one of the major brand dept. stores years ago... yea, i sat on the craftsman rer last night and didn't have a whole lot of leg room at all. being 6'6" tall dont help much either:laughing:and yea, i thought the designers could have maybe put the cable in a sleeve or something. it was a nice machine anyway.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think the BB stores carried the Lawn Bug right alongside their other CC offerings.......dunno that it was a 'dealer only' thing.

I think they didn't put a tube over the cable for rust/corrosion siezure issues. Being naked like that, it'll never sieze up! That, and it'd be hard to do, being attached to the pedal the way it is. I think it's a SS cable....which would cut down on the rust/wear anyhow.

Notice how BIG of a RER a Snapper is? That was what blew me away the first time I saw one. It is MAMMOUTH for a RER without bodywork. Very hefty, too, you notice? My JD is downright dainty compared to this thing I bought...:laughing: I mean, YOU were cramped........(you're probably cramped on a lot of stuff - ), but it is HUGE compared to most RER's.......in weight alone!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
You notice on that Lawn bug, that it appears to have an adjustable steering column? That alone would be the one thing I'd love to see most on RER's....

CajunCub

Threads
That mower was one of the coolest.....:cool: Nice, Nice, Good Catch!