Cub Cadet?

mordecai22

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had a LT 1045 for a year before giving it to my Father in law. I bought it used but it was a nice machine for the most part. I like the way it handled and cut. Plenty of power. My only problem was an oil leak in the tranny that was an expensive fix since they are sealed! The only other issue I had with it was getting the deck level. It was a 2006 for what its worth. I upgraded for a 3200 GT to plow snow and haul firewood. That just seemed to me a little too much for the LT.

dnjsyl

Threads
I love cub cadet, but the older ones....i had a 1996 model cub lawn tractor with a 13 hp kohler and did not have good luck with it....i have a 1988 cub 1811 and a old model 149 that has the motor out of it to be rebuilt.....it is from 1971 to 1974 model........i dont wanna bash the newer ones so i will just compliment the older tractors.....i did have a model 100 with a 10 hp kohler and it was i beleive a 1964 year model and it was a great little tractor....never should have got fid of it........good luck and let us know what you choose

Sam Mac

Threads
I like the IH Cubs and the Cub Cadet Cubs, not very fond of the MTD stuff.

jhwentworth

Threads
I had an older, smaller CC given to me because the owner never could get it to run right.
After rebuilding the carb and replacing the air bleed screw I could not get it to run right either.
It will choke down when hitting difficult areas and will even stop if no choke is applied.
Not sure what the problem is but suspect it is because the fuel tank is not very high above the carb. Since this mower has gravity fuel feed I feel the motor is being fuel starved.
Probably needs some sort of fuel pump.

j.kuss

p.s. I gave the mower to a neighbor, and boy is he frustrated!

Probably late with this, but better late than never. Tell your neighbor to check the fuel tank venting by loosening the fuel cap when it starts to stumble. If that corrects the problem replace the fuel cap.
If no help, check the fuel filter and the fuel line for blockages. Disconnect the fuel line at the fuel filter to see if gas flows freely through the line. Check the positioning of the fuel line; it shouldn't have any big dips where it goes way below the carb.

bruce0777

Threads
I had an older, smaller CC given to me because the owner never could get it to run right.
After rebuilding the carb and replacing the air bleed screw I could not get it to run right either.
It will choke down when hitting difficult areas and will even stop if no choke is applied.
Not sure what the problem is but suspect it is because the fuel tank is not very high above the carb. Since this mower has gravity fuel feed I feel the motor is being fuel starved.
Probably needs some sort of fuel pump.

j.kuss

p.s. I gave the mower to a neighbor, and boy is he frustrated![/QUOTE

I had the same problem with my 18HP magnun Brought it to the shop They charged me about $600.00 Brought it home and in ten minutes cutting time it ran foul again and would not regain the motor rpms until I came to a full stop. I reloaded it back on the trailor and brought it back. About $150.00 later (you know the routine) I brought it home, it messed up 30 minutes later just the same as before.I drove the trailor empty back into town and came home with a new sears garden tractor 5000 series 25 HP 54 inch dech been great cutting my little over 2 acres Years later I found out the 18HP magnum was flooding out so bad it would make the motor loose all it strengh. Sometimes it would even dump gas into the oil. I mess empty the gas tank and fill up the oil way over full. With a fresh and clean carburetor it ran like a new motor and extremly strong.

MowTown

Threads
I don't own one, but I worked for a major home improvement retailer in the Garden Department for a couple years, and I sold a lot of them. They have a very good reputation. I never had any dissatisfied customers come back with complaints.

jet62095

Threads
I am looking for a new mower and I think I have decided to buy a 1040 Cub Cadet. This mower
has a Kohler 19 h.p. engine. My question is does anybody here have any opinions or information they
might like to share eith pro or con? Thanks in advance for your input.

I have a 1040 myself. It's got plenty of horsepower and torque to mow some pretty high grass. It's deck chute totally eliminates the grass clumping in my yard! Makes a great mower for mulching. Cons would be the polyester (yes, the same material as golf pants!) parts in the valve train. They work, and should be just fine for many years if you aren't using it industrially. I have had mine for two seasons and loved every minute. It's the closest you'll get to a 1960's tractor in today's market.

Uncle Nabob

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a zforce s60--zero turn with steering wheel. It is powerful and fast. Mowing at 8mph is no problem unless the ground is a little rough; it does ride a little rough. I have some very steep slopes that I mow very carefully. Some of my slopes are so steep that I refuse to use a push mower and my compact tractor with finishing mower will just slide off. So far, I'm very impressed. (It does use a bit more fuel than my little diesel tractor.)

Pauley

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a CC LTX 1045. Just got it actually, but I did notice it isn't very fast. Does this have a governor on it? If so is it adjustable

CajunCub

Threads
Pauley, Kohlers are not to be turned up too high on the gov/RPMs.....they are preset to run 3400-3600 RPMs, take some advice, don't mess with it.
BTW, I just got a new LTX 1046 this season, and I love it. It has the 22 HP Kohler, plenty fast & powerful.:biggrin: