Cub cadet zero turn

Dchurchwell

Forum Newbie
Threads
My zero turn won’t turn over. It doesn’t even click and have made sure the battery was charged. I last used it two weeks ago

ccheatha

Threads
Hmmm... if you can verify that the battery has power (multimeter test maybe), it's likely a solenoid issue. Most of the time, I at least get a click though with a bad solenoid. But give that a check.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check your battery with a multi-meter. Make sure that the terminal connections are clean and tight. Check the connections at the starter. Check all of the safety switches. Make sure that your PTO switch is in the off position. Make sure that you have the parking brake applied.

Dchurchwell

Forum Newbie
Threads
It acts like you don’t have the parking brake on but I do

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Model number needed but I suspect you may have a lap bar safety switch(es) burned out. Really depends if they are running the control voltage though the switches (most CC ZTR do for the starter replay(solenoid)) or not. I have replaced several switches on the CC lap bars that cause this. Getting to these switches is a pain too as the last one I had to remove the seat and seat pan to get to the switches. It was difficult because the rivet nuts had came loose requiring me to cut the screws off. Then of course those rivet nuts had to be replaced too along new screws so the set could be put back on.

If one lap bar switch is burned out, replace both. Being a pain to get to is the reason to do both while you are in there if one is bad.