Cub Cadet Zero Turn With Steering Wheel

Ohiogreen

Forum Newbie
Every time I mow (wet or dry) where I make turns , a day later I see "divots". I've tried turning slower thinking that was the problem, but it did not help.
I almost come to a crawl when turning. Any suggestions?
 
You might have to back up a little using extra moves to turn to stop the divots.
You tires are not over pressured are they?
 
You might have to back up a little using extra moves to turn to stop the divots.
You tires are not over pressured are they?

No. They are at the manual's specs. I usually try mowing 90 degrees from the prior pattern each time.
Maybe I should just go in a circle without sharp turns, but this defeats the purpose of having
a "Zero Turn Mower".
 
No. They are at the manual's specs. I usually try mowing 90 degrees from the prior pattern each time.
Maybe I should just go in a circle without sharp turns, but this defeats the purpose of having
a "Zero Turn Mower".
Does all 4 wheels turn and respond to your controls while turning?
Like my ZT for example, I can push forward with one controller and pull back with the other, thus turning in my tracks without a wheel staying stationary and creating the divots in my grass like you are getting.
Even if you have a ZT and only use one controller to turn your mower you will have the same results since that other wheel is nothing but a pivot point.
 
Does all 4 wheels turn and respond to your controls while turning?
Like my ZT for example, I can push forward with one controller and pull back with the other, thus turning in my tracks without a wheel staying stationary and creating the divots in my grass like you are getting.
Even if you have a ZT and only use one controller to turn your mower you will have the same results since that other wheel is nothing but a pivot point.

The OP does have a Zero Turn...it's one of the Cub Cadets that have a steering wheel instead of levers. I recommended(in another thread the OP asked about this in) that he needed to do the "Y" turn instead of an in-place zero turn.
 
The OP does have a Zero Turn...it's one of the Cub Cadets that have a steering wheel instead of levers. I recommended(in another thread the OP asked about this in) that he needed to do the "Y" turn instead of an in-place zero turn.

Great point! Zero turn really only works well on hardscape. The"Y" or three point turn will reduce or eliminate divots. Sadly, I still create a divot or two and haven't golfer in years. :laughing:

Your operators manual should outline this method in detail.
 
The OP does have a Zero Turn...it's one of the Cub Cadets that have a steering wheel instead of levers. I recommended(in another thread the OP asked about this in) that he needed to do the "Y" turn instead of an in-place zero turn.

Yep knew that and it should be all wheel drive since it has the steering where, that is why I asked if all 4 wheels were responding.
 
Just come to a brief stop and turn the steering wheel as far as it will go , that will put your inside wheel in reverse . That does the same thing as pulling back one lever and pushing forward on the other lever for those complicated 2 handle machines :smile:
 
Back
Top