Cub Cadet zero turn drive problem

Hooya

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, and thanks for adding me. I have a Cub Cadet Commercial Enforcer 44 zero turn mower with the Hydro Gear ZT-2800 transaxles. My problem is that the right side drive does not drive at all when you first try it. If I hold the front caster wheel straight and drive it for a while using the left drive, and also holding the right drive lever engaged (forward), the right drive will gradually start to work. The longer I do this, the better it works. Eventually it works well enough to mow with it. However, if I let it sit for a day, the process starts all over again. I have replaced the center section of the transaxle, along with all of the seals and o-rings, and new fluid and filter. I have tried bleeding it per the manual, but it doesn't seem to help it at all. I tried swapping the charge pumps between the left and right drives, and that made no difference. I have cleaned out the entire system (flushed the overflow reservoir and hoses) also. The drive is full of oil. The left drive works just fine using the same oil as the right drive (15-w40 Rotella). I am at a loss and am looking for advice before I tear into it again. Thanks in advance for any help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like the right drive motor is cactus.
I assume you have cleaned the drives & checked the the control levers are working properly and in particular the joints have not flogged out

Hooya

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like the right drive motor is cactus.
I assume you have cleaned the drives & checked the the control levers are working properly and in particular the joints have not flogged out

Thanks Bertsmobile. Yes, the linkages are working properly, and everything is clean inside and out.