Cub Cadet XT1 42' Enduro Series PTO Handle Spring Placement?

joshuadx89

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet XT1 42' Enduro Series PTO Handle Spring Placement?
PTO Cable snapped on my mower. Replaced the cable and have everything back together except the golden spring that connects to the PTO Handle. I know where the spring connects to the handle/lever, but it's been a few days and I've forgotten where the other end of the spring connects to the frame of the mower. My mistake for not taking a picture first. My brother in law has the same mower but it looks like they engineered this without using springs in newer models.

Has anyone ever done this replacement? If so do you recall where the spring end connects? Diagrams online are worthless.

joshuadx89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Appreciate it. This is a good tutorial on replacing the cable. I know where the spring to the cable attaches to the deck. My issue is the spring to the actual handle/lever.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Could you post the real model number from the serial tag? I assume it is the rider version of the XT1 with manual PTO and not the ZTR version. So this should answer the question but maybe not.
1715685334634.png

joshuadx89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could you post the real model number from the serial tag? I assume it is the rider version of the XT1 with manual PTO and not the ZTR version. So this should answer the question but maybe not.
View attachment 68638
Thank you for the diagram. The model number is 13a6a9cs056, so you're correct. I'll take a look today and see if I can figure it out based on the diagram.