Cub Cadet STLX1054 PTO

Mattmotors

Threads
Hi All , First the important stuff. Model:13WK92AAK009 Serial:1C021H30256 DOM:March 2011
Well , my original drive belt to the rear wheels finally went so I had a job in front of me. The machine being 11 years old, I replaced the 3 pulleys located around the center of the machine along with the belt. I used all OEM parts. I watched a couple of Youtube videos the job went together pretty good.
What I noticed is when I had the PTO off , The pulley on the PTO would spin one way and bind up in the other direction.Shouldn't it spin free in either direction?
When I went to test my work, My belt and pulleys were fine but I had a high pitched squeal.It would go away when I pulled the switch for the PTO. Not a bad squeal, just annoying. (Mower deck not installed). I shutdown and tried to rotate the pulley. It would still go one way but wanted to bind in the other direction.
The 2 washers are installed when I bolted the PTO back up. Is there some debris in there I should be looking for or time for a new PTO. Please share your thoughts. Thanks , Matt.
On a side note , I want to thank all you Professionals and all you Shade Tree Mechanics that have been doing this for years that you share knowledge and information. It helps cut thru all the B.S.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Note the correct model number is 13WK92AK009.

Actually the electric PTO pulley should not spin freely in either direction as it has a magnetic braking system. As for the squeal if present when the pto is off it sounds like you have a bad bearing in the PTO clutch but that just an guess as I not there to see what is going on.

Last edited:

Mattmotors

Threads
I took it off again and gave it a good look . I saw the magnets that lock the pulley in place when the PTO is not energized. They are working properly. I see the middle magnet pivots Thus locking the pulley in one direction.When I spin the middle piece that the bolt goes thru, That spins freely but the bearings sound like they have a little rumble to them. So I'm thinking like Star Tech said, My bearings are getting ready to go. I'll run it for awhile till it gets bad. I don't want to pay $500 for an OEM PTO. Any recommendations? Thanks , Matt.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And you dont have to as you can use a Xtreme x0545 clutch which has a list price of $351.05