Cub Cadet specifies Bostik medium grade never sieze

nbpt100

Threads
I am reading a Cub Cadet serive manual and it specifies a Bostik medium grade never sieze product on the hex shaft. I have always used a heavy oil like 10w-40 and in some cases Fluid Film. Regardless of that. What is unique about this product? I would never use the anti sieize I know of on a hex shaft.. It is too thck and not appropriate for bearings or moving parts.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Never figured out why engineers spec an anti seize product on parts that move. Just apply a good quality grease and call it a day. I know there many different types of anti seizing compounds and i have a few but i have never had any out perform plain old grease on moving parts. I used to slather nevr-seize on mower axles. Last few years i just clean them and coat them with waterproof grease and haven't had a stuck hub yet.

nbpt100

Threads
That is my initial reaction. But to be fair and open minded I have never used or seen this product. IT is called Regular Grade not medium grade. My mistake.

I am curious about it. It claims to contain bearing grease. Can anyone with direct experience comment on how it performs on moving parts.?

Sherman Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am reading a Cub Cadet serive manual and it specifies a Bostik medium grade never sieze product on the hex shaft. I have always used a heavy oil like 10w-40 and in some cases Fluid Film. Regardless of that. What is unique about this product? I would never use the anti sieize I know of on a hex shaft.. It is too thck and not appropriate for bearings or moving parts.
I use Permatex Anti-seize compound. It looks like grey toothpaste. It puts a film on two or more parts that prevent them from seizing up. It has never created a mess I didn’t like.

nbpt100

Threads
I use Permatex Anti-seize compound. It looks like grey toothpaste. It puts a film on two or more parts that prevent them from seizing up. It has never created a mess I didn’t like.
Yes, I am very familiar with the grey Permatex anti-sieze. I use that on screw threads. I just ended up using Fluid film. The fluid film is not as thick and will flow a little bit after applying it. If you know what a hex shaft is on a snow blower transmission you will understand why something as thick as Permatex anti-sieze would not be ideal. Thanks.

Sherman Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, I am very familiar with the grey Permatex anti-sieze. I use that on screw threads. I just ended up using Fluid film. The fluid film is not as thick and will flow a little bit after applying it. If you know what a hex shaft is on a snow blower transmission you will understand why something as thick as Permatex anti-sieze would not be ideal. Thanks.
About ten years ago I got a can of Fluid Film from DR Power. Your comment broadened my knowledge of it so I say thanks.

nbpt100

Threads
About ten years ago I got a can of Fluid Film from DR Power. Your comment broadened my knowledge of it so I say thanks.
Fluid Film is an anti corosion spray on coating. What I used it for is not an ideal application but it will work ok for a while. Lots of good uses for it on vehicles and equipment if you live in a rust prone area.