Export thread

Cub Cadet shuts off when you pull the handles in

slingin08

slingin08

Got my dad's Cub Cadet M48S zero turn. The engine starts and runs. The PTO will engage the blades. But when I pull the steering handles in to try and move it the engine dies. It's obviously a safety feature of some kind. The seat sensor tests fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

I was just gonna post to check seat sensor.. Doh..

B

bertsmobile1

There is an interlock circuit that goes between the parking brake & the lap bars so you can not try & drive away with the brake on
I don't have the wiring diagram for your mower
Some times it is a simple loop & other times it is done with a relay.
In any case the mower is shutting down to protect the brake.

slingin08

slingin08

There is an interlock circuit that goes between the parking brake & the lap bars so you can not try & drive away with the brake on
That was the problem! Thank you!!

B

Basicfarm

mine will crank, but is doing the same thing. i replaced the seat switch and both safety switches on both arms. It still tryies to cut off when i pull the arms in . any ideas (cubcadet Zt54)

B

Basicfarm

mine will crank, but is doing the same thing. i replaced the seat switch and both safety switches on both arms. It still tryies to cut off when i pull the arms in . any ideas (cubcadet Zt54)

B

bertsmobile1

Find the parking brake switch and check it as per the instructions I posted in your original post and in the post you have searched & found
In this case it was a faulty PARKING BRAKE switch