Cub Cadet RZT 50 - 2005 model - Will not Turn Over

jwhitemx15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

Ran across this forum and hope someone can help me. I have an '05 RZT 50 that will not turn over. Late last fall I had a battery running down and continued to crank until it slowly and finally drained too far down and wouldn't turn over the engine any longer. (i know, stupid move to keep cranking with a questionable battery).

Anyway, I replaced the battery, I'm getting 11+ or 12+ volts when I turn the key, but I get absolutely nothing. It's like a safety switch is keeping it from turning over the engine. Brake is on, levers down, etc. I also removed the seat switch since my seat is a little messed up. I removed the seat switch and twisted the wires together, but still get nothing when turning over the key.

Also, I did take a screwdriver and touch both posts on the solenoid and it did turn the engine over. Anything else I can try? Is there a way to bypass all of the switches to get it going or something?

Thanks,

Jeff

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Jeff & WELCOME to the Forums...
Check if you are getting 12 volts to the small terminal on the starter solenoid While holding the key to start... :smile:KennyV

jwhitemx15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Jeff & WELCOME to the Forums...
Check if you are getting 12 volts to the small terminal on the starter solenoid Whth ile holding the key to start... :smile:KennyV

Thanks so much for the response. Well, I picked up a new sole kid today and the mower fired right up. However, when I went to disengage the brake, the mower instantly died. It does this every time I disengage the brake. Any ideas?? Any way around this??? I got to mow and its supposed to rain for the nex three days!

Thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Untwist the seat switch wires and keep them separated. some switches work by what would be normally closed, which means that you will have power through the seat switch if you are not on the seat, but opens the circuit when you sit on the seat.

jwhitemx15

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep!!! :smile: That's what it was! I did a quick google searh after posting that second question earlier, then went out and started the unit, removed the wire nut and seperated the wires and was mowing within a couple of minutes.

Thanks so much for all of the help guys! I really appreciate it!