cub cadet no power to starter

YZ_Kracker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not the same setup. Your XT1-LT50 should have an electric PTO setup; not a manual PTO setup.
So how do I ensure the PTO is off when trying to start? And is there a way to check the ignition switch?

kbowley

Threads
Bring it to a quality repair shop and be done with it. Don't throw any more money at it replacing perfectly good parts, those items you have been wasting money on very rarely fail.

YZ_Kracker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bring it to a quality repair shop and be done with it. Don't throw any more money at it replacing perfectly good parts, those items you have been wasting money on very rarely fail.
I appreciate your thoughts. The parts were from Cub Cadet, and installed at an authorized dealer. Of course, it still may be cheaper to take it there again

kbowley

Threads
I wouldn't take it there again if they have been throwing parts at it rather than finding the issue. Why would they tell you, and charge you, if they didn't fix the issue? Do you have a voltmeter?

Last edited:

YZ_Kracker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wouldn't take it there again if they have been throwing parts at it rather than finding the issue. Why would they tell you, and charge you, if they didn't fix the issue? Do you have a voltmeter?
Searching for answers online, I was reminded to always start with the simple things. Battery was fully charged, but the + terminal was loosed. Cleaned it up, tightened it up... fired right up! BTW I know the ignition was faulty before, cause it literally fell apart in my hands!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That is a give me item as that is something we normally check right off the start.

YZ_Kracker

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is a give me item as that is something we normally check right off the start.
Yeah.. I made sure the battery was charged, but missed that one little bitty item. Just glad I caught it before I made an expensive mistake.