Export thread

cub cadet model #13AVA1CS009 runs fine for about 10 min, then starts running rough and cuts off. New carb installed. 18HP twin cam . sputtering and

D

double yellow

Need help with this thing. Any help would sure be appreciated Need fixing Thanks 154 hrs on it.
pp

E

evh

When you start it back up, does it run fine for another 20 minutes? Could a coil be going bad and it goes down to one cylinder after it heats up after 20 minutes?

F

Forest#2

Post up the model, type and code info of the engine.
Using that model number from the tractor leaves room for lots of speculation and Cub used several different engines on the same model tractor at times so with engine info we can then maybe get on the same page as you.

thanks

B

bertsmobile1

Start with easy mechanical thingslike valve lash
Excessivly loose exhaust will do this.
If they are OK check the coils by removing the kill wires for a single mow ( don't forget to replace them )
Then there is a vacuum lock because the tank vent is not working so loosen the fuel cap so air can get in
Work your way through that lot & get back to us with the results .

D

double yellow

When you start it back up, does it run fine for another 20 minutes? Could a coil be going bad and it goes down to one cylinder after it heats up after 20 minutes?
Thanks for the reply, but it is a single cyl

D

double yellow

Using that model number from the tractor leaves room for lots of speculation and Cub used several different engines on the same model tractor at times so with engine info we can then maybe get on the same page as you.

thanks
Model # 13VAV1CS009 11102373 Serl# 1C237H40229 XT1 LT 42KH Check carb ,gal line and filter all check out fine. Tried to cut grass today. need fine for about 25 min. then started bucking and trying to cut off. It is worse when blades are turning

Thanks for concern I gave the wrong #
should read Ser@4706730603 Spec # PS-SV5413218
Thanks again

D

double yellow

If they are OK check the coils by removing the kill wires for a single mow ( don't forget to replace them )
Then there is a vacuum lock because the tank vent is not working so loosen the fuel cap so air can get in
Will check
Thanks

sgkent

sgkent

three things make an engine run. Fuel and air mixture, compression, and properly timed ignition (spark). Heat can affect all three. As suggested the tank may not be venting. The coil may be going bad. Valves may be too tight and as they heat up they expand and hold open a bit. The low hanging fruit is make sure the tank is venting. Next I think someone here suggested a device that goes between the spark plug and wire to verify it is firing properly. If it has a fuel filter make sure it is clean or new.

F

Forest#2

154 hours on the machine.

Is it still under warranty?

Is this link the machine?
could not find a 13VAV1CS009 ENGINE

Is it a Kohler single cylinder?

D

double yellow

T

Single cyl. twin cam 18hp Model # 13AVA1CS009-11100273 Out of warrnty

D

double yellow

thanks
Serl #4706730603 Spec PS-SV541-3218

P

pay1920

Need help with this thing. Any help would sure be appreciated Need fixing Thanks 154 hrs on it.
pp
My uncle was looking for a used riding mower, he found one with the same problem you described. It seems the rubber seal on the gas cap had cracked and a small piece had gotten into the gas line. after running a while it would run out of gas, after sitting for a short while, started up and ran great until it ran out of gas again. Remove the gas tank ,and clean, replace gas cap if needed and blow out the gas line with compressed air or replace gas line. The previous owner had changed carb, and had give up, sold it cheap. My uncle now has a almost new riding mower at a Great price. Good Luck

F

Freddie21

Gas cap 1st

D

double yellow

My uncle was looking for a used riding mower, he found one with the same problem you described. It seems the rubber seal on the gas cap had cracked and a small piece had gotten into the gas line. after running a while it would run out of gas, after sitting for a short while, started up and ran great until it ran out of gas again. Remove the gas tank ,and clean, replace gas cap if needed and blow out the gas line with compressed air or replace gas line. The previous owner had changed carb, and had give up, sold it cheap. My uncle now has a almost new riding mower at a Great price. Good Luck
Sure will try this. I thank you for your help

C

CLStout

My tractor was doing the same thing. Drilled a small hole in the gas cap, which solved the problem immediately.

G

Gord Baker

Remove the Gas Cap and cover opening with a cloth and elastic band. Could be a tank venting issue.

D

double yellow

yes Eng # 4706730603 PS -SV541-3218

D

double yellow

My tractor was doing the same thing. Drilled a small hole in the gas cap, which solved the problem immediately.
Will do that also
Thanks

D

double yellow

Remove the Gas Cap and cover opening with a cloth and elastic band. Could be a tank venting issue.
Thanks

D

davis2

I had the sme exact problem with a Sabre. Now she runs great! Clean the rubber bits out of the tank and fuel lines, and you should be good.

D

double yellow

I had the sme exact problem with a Sabre. Now she runs great! Clean the rubber bits out of the tank and fuel lines, and you should be good.