Cub Cadet i1046 PTO won't engage........HELP!!!!

shawn474

Threads
Thanks guys; so if you look at the diagram in the manual the spring attachment for the tensioner pulley is supposed to be more pointed “north”. It seems that it is pointed closer to “east” on the deck. I will inspect the entire tensioner assembly tomorrow and hopefully find a way to reinstall the pulley bracket correctly

bullet bob

Threads
I assume you DID take the covers off the outside spindles to make sure the belt is around the spindles?

shawn474

Threads
Yes I did that as well

shawn474

Threads
Looks like one of the spring was cracked at the insertion and the idler bracket hole wear the spring sat had a wear line that spanned almost the entire piece of metal. I had a new spring that I used and that fixed it to a point where I can use it but ordered a new bracket anticipating that wear line would come all the way through sooner rather than later. Thanks everyone for the help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not uncommon to have a spring just about cutting a part in 1/2
Regularly weld up these grooves with a thick heavy bead or in really bad cases a length of swing back blade for reinforcement .
Anchoring a spring by shoving one end through a hole is really cheap & nasty engineering but all of the consumer level mowers do it ,