Cub Cadet 682 Hydro Wont Start

mrfred54

Threads
if you are sure points and cond. good,probably need new coil but i would try p&c first. coil is quite expensive. should crank with bad volt. reg. but wont charge batt. when running

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
if you are sure points and cond. good,probably need new coil but i would try p&c first. coil is quite expensive. should crank with bad volt. reg. but wont charge batt. when running

The condensor is new. The points look like new also but to be sure on the points I'll remove the breaker cover and clean them. Yea I know coil with wires is $125 for this engine. I do have the option to just buy the coil and get the coil wires some place else. They call it a battery coil.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I checked the ohms according to how kohler service manual said too. I'm getting 4.5 ohms on the threaded posts. Kohler manual said 4-5 ohms. Im getting 9.3 ohms on secondary resistance. Kohler manual said 9,500 to 11,500. Guess its time for a new coil.

Last edited:

mrfred54

Threads
how have you made out on this problem. just wondering if you ever got spark,if not try turning key on and break and close points with a screwdriver. you should get spark at the points when doing this

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
how have you made out on this problem. just wondering if you ever got spark,if not try turning key on and break and close points with a screwdriver. you should get spark at the points when doing this

Still no spark. I even put a put spark testers on both new spark plugs and got nothing. Someone suggested to check to make sure the points are opening and closing if not might be a worn cam lobe. But besides that its pointing towards a bad coil.