Cub cadet 1600 electrci clutch

jross

Threads
How do I keep the engine shaft from turning when I try to remove the center bolt from pto assembly? This an old rider and apparently although the engine runs, maybe not adequate compression?

jross

Threads
Never mind.I finally found what I needed in the CC forum after much perusing. Now to decide about pulling the clutch off or bending the keepers a little.

Banjoboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
New Forum Member, 1999 Cub Cadet 1600, all belts original, cracked etc...replacing

I am looking for that post you found that discusses removal of the pto clutch to get the lower drive belt off of the engine pulley, not seeing it. The engine wants to turn over as you described when trying to remove the hex bolt on the pto / crank shaft. Owners manual does not discuss this specifically. Can anyone help please. I tried searching but no luck. Thanks!

jross

Threads
I searched all the pages in the Cub Cadet Forum and by dumb luck I read a post where someone stuffed rope in the spark plug hole to keep the engine from turning. In my case, after looking at the pto clutch, I saw where someone previously had bent the belt keeper tabs enough to remove the belt. I still have to remove the clutch stop bracket and maybe even the steering sector to get the belt completely off. Take a good look at the belt keeper tabs before going further. My belt stays on during operation so I'd say the keeper tabs are not bent out to far. Plugging the engine with a rope is ok, I guess, but I don't want to stress the bearings and con rod on this old engine by using s hammer to loosen the pto bolt..

Last edited: