Export thread

crank case loose

E

ed fender

replaced crank case cover and gasket the timing marks were right on adjusted valves but timing is still off some where sv600

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

replaced crank case cover and gasket the timing marks were right on adjusted valves but timing is still off some where sv600
If the camshaft timing mark is aligned correctly, and the flywheel key is not partially or completely sheared, then the timing on engine is spot on.

E

ed fender

If the camshaft timing mark is aligned correctly, and the flywheel key is not partially or completely sheared, then the timing on engine is spot on.
that's what i thought as well but something somewhere is not being cooperative i thought maybe i was over looking something it is puzzling

E

ed fender

thank you

H

hlw49

FW bolt torques to 65 fl lbs for M12 bolt and 49 fl lbs for M10 bolt.

V

VegetiveSteam

What's going with it that makes you think it's out of time?

E

ed fender

What's going with it that makes you think it's out of time?
hard turning over like the valves needing adjustment

I

ILENGINE

I suspect there is a ACR issue not releasing compression to crank the engine. Have replaced the ACR on the camshaft a couple times, but ends up being a temporary fix. Have also had to replace the cam gear in conjunctio with the ACR but even that can still result in intermittent issues.

V

VegetiveSteam

There is an intake timing mark and an exhaust timing mark on each cam gear. Could you have possibly lined up the marks on the wrong sides?

E

ed fender

There is an intake timing mark and an exhaust timing mark on each cam gear. Could you have possibly lined up the marks on the wrong sides?
i will check again

V

VegetiveSteam

Just FYI. Make sure the washer is on the side with the compression release lever. Some early engines had a washer on both sides until the folks on the assembly line were re-educated to only put a washer on the side with the compression release. The washer is only there to keep the compression release lever from rising up.

E

ed fender

Just FYI. Make sure the washer is on the side with the compression release lever. Some early engines had a washer on both sides until the folks on the assembly line were re-educated to only put a washer on the side with the compression release. The washer is only there to keep the compression release lever from rising up.
the washer is there but im wondering if the compression release is working

V

VegetiveSteam

Can you post a pic from the top showing both cams?

E

ed fender

Can you post a pic from the top showing both cams?
ill have to take it apart again

V

VegetiveSteam

Before you take the top cover off again, (and I should have thought of this before), take the rocker cover off and remove the spark plug. Turn the engine over by hand and watch the valve movement. See if the valves are opening and closing when they're supposed to. Also see if the intake valve is getting bumped open on the compression stroke.

E

ed fender

Before you take the top cover off again, (and I should have thought of this before), take the rocker cover off and remove the spark plug. Turn the engine over by hand and watch the valve movement. See if the valves are opening and closing when they're supposed to. Also see if the intake valve is getting bumped open on the compression stroke.
o ill try that