Craftsman Z6200 Will not pull up small incline

titanfan10

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a Z6200 with appx. 300 Hrs. It started barely going uphill last time I cut grass, barely got the front cut and made it into the garage. I assumed drive belt. I put a new one on, wasn't sure by pitiful diagram in manual about route of belt. I tried both ways around idler pulley. The way I have it now which is best between the 2 choices, it runs fine in reverse but going forward it does about normal on flat driveway. On the smallest of incline it slows way down and sometimes completely stops. I want someones opinion that knows a lot more than me about it, do you think the trans. is just shot or what. Thanks for any helpful advice, I don't want to cut the back in reverse.
Thanks,
Jim (Titanfan10)

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the drive belt tight. Being a Z turn the chances of both drives stop at the same time is slim and none. And the only common things between the two drives would be the belt. What would be more normal for Z turns is one side will get weak or stop working and you will drive in circles.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is a good change that items 6 and 7 binding up causing the belt to slip. Usually I have to disassembly and clean the parts. And then sometimes it requires replacing the worn parts.
1665232611230.png
1665232906078.png

DaveTN

Threads
Welcome to the LMF titanfan!