Craftsman YT4500

tigercat

Threads
The model I have is the Red YT, hydrostatic drive, 46" deck 21 HP Briggs engine. The battery is on the rear of that machine. Your machines sound to have different engines or larger. Anyway, thay's how I keep the belt on now. good luck with yours.

Threads
The model I have is the Red YT, hydrostatic drive, 46" deck 21 HP Briggs engine. The battery is on the rear of that machine. Your machines sound to have different engines or larger. Anyway, thay's how I keep the belt on now. good luck with yours.

Yep mine has popped off 2 times but I bent the keeper in a little farther the last time, and it hasnt come off anymore yet. They both have the 24 hp Briggs intek v-twin so I guess thats why the battery is in a different place. Did you get yours fixed where it will stay on?

tigercat

Threads
Yes the added "bolt" keepers fixed the gremlin. I had sears techs come to the house twice while it was on warrentee. All they did was pop it on and check the tire pressure and tell me to go slowly.

I grew tired of it and added a long bolt as a keeper, (later a second one) and bolted it up to the frame of the machine. I needed to bend it a little to get the location I wanted exactly right. It's fine now.