Craftsman YT3000 Harness Melted / Replaced - Starts, then dies after few seconds

montevman

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman YT3000 Harness Melted / Replaced - Starts, then dies after few seconds
Hello..

Craftsman YT3000 - 917.xxxx
They had a nest, wires chewed. It blew the fuse and someone bypassed it, then the harness melted and flamed on next run.

Now I have this unit, replaced the entire harness, battery, solenoid, and repaired a small melted hole in top of gas tank. After working through a ground problem, I finally got this unit to crank, but it dies when you release the key from start position.

carb is clean, fuel solenoid appears to be working, fuel is good. But looks like a bad 7 post ignition switch (no continuity on a1)

what does the A1 port do? I have continuity on (start b&a1) but not on (run b&a1) mower cranks and then immediately dies when let off the key, if i wiggle or keep holding the key it will run for a minute and then eventually die..

Is this bad switch, a battery charging issue, or will it keep the mower from running after start?

Thanks in advance

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Craftsman YT3000 Harness Melted / Replaced - Starts, then dies after few seconds
It is the wire to the fuel solenoid in the carburettor
It needs to be moved to a different terminal that has power all the time the key is in any run position.

montevman

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is the wire to the fuel solenoid in the carburettor
It needs to be moved to a different terminal that has power all the time the key is in any run position.
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try that and I'll post the results.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Fried stator along with a fried Delta switch.

montevman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Finally received the ignition switch, swapped them out, and it's running perfectly now. Thanks for the help