Craftsman yt 3000 spraying gas from air filter

Great! I didn't think that would make the gas shoot out of the air filter. Ill look into the gasket then! thanks for the help!
 
well....bad news. I replaced the head gasket today and its still spraying gas out of the air filter. No change at all! Bummer
 
There are more than a couple reasons for a carb spitting out gas...... That's why I wanted you to watch the video....

I thought I sent you a PM in your message box....

Let Us Know Mon Ami ..............
 
OK gents...I did not save the head gasket, it was shredded. However after it was replaced it continued to spray gas out of the previous mentioned areas but the gas no longer mixed with the oil, so thats a win! I bought a carb kit from Amazon and replaced the parts that came in the kit and viola it started right up! Only thing left is the exhaust is smoking after it has warmed up which I am going to attribute to the gas/oil that leaked out when the problem first started. Thanks for the help all in all I'm only out about 20 bucks for the whole repair!
 
OK gents...I did not save the head gasket, it was shredded. However after it was replaced it continued to spray gas out of the previous mentioned areas but the gas no longer mixed with the oil, so thats a win! I bought a carb kit from Amazon and replaced the parts that came in the kit and viola it started right up! Only thing left is the exhaust is smoking after it has warmed up which I am going to attribute to the gas/oil that leaked out when the problem first started. Thanks for the help all in all I'm only out about 20 bucks for the whole repair!

Great for you Mon Ami And thanks for Posting the FIXED reply .......... Be sure to check your oil again for gas intrusion....

You might have to change it again SOON... Don't take a chance on a good running engine.........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ............ If you need us again just HOLLA at us...........
 
Back
Top