Craftsman with kohler

Threads
Hello i have 2 craftsman riders model #on one is 917.272246.
Other is model # 917.275013.
They both have same problem power to blue trigger wire at solenoid when you turn key on. I tried to look up wiring diagram and neither one shows a blue trigger wire. I never ran into this issue before please any help would be very appreciated.
Have a great day

Threads
Hello i have 2 craftsman riders model #on one is 917.272246.
Other is model # 917.275013.
They both have same problem power to blue trigger wire at solenoid when you turn key on. I tried to look up wiring diagram and neither one shows a blue trigger wire. I never ran into this issue before please any help would be very appreciated.
Have a great day
I even took harness out of mower and hooked up jumper cables to it and the problem is still there

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looking at the wiring diagram I’m confused and will need a little more info. Can you trace that blue wiring and tell us where it comes from. Check and see if there is a blue wire at the key switch. Also, a picture of this connection may be helpful.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The charge wire on the Kohler engine side would be purple from the regulator to the mower connector. Also the same wring connection would also contain a blue wire on the mower side of the connector going to the fuel solenoid but would change colors at the engine connection.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now I’m more confused. IL, are you saying that the fuel solenoid is connected to DC output terminal of the voltage regulator? Just took a second cup of coffee and I see where they are connected, but no color code listed. I was assuming that the OP was talking starter solenoid. To the OP, yes there should be power at that connection any time the key is NOT in the off position. Going for a third cup, thank you IL for educating me.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Rivets, I am not sure which solenoid he is talking about, but was just trying to explain what could cause a color wire connection issue depending on where you are looking in the wiring harness.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I understand. Just another reason why it is difficult to troubleshoot electrical problems when we don’t have enough info or coffee to get a good picture of what is going on. Thanks again.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes incomplete info is a problem here as we need to know which solenoid he is referring to.

But the Kohler CV675-75544 service manual does indicate a blue wire going to the starter solenoid.
Kohler CV675 wiring.JPG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Intereting
I posted a reply to his other thread by looking at the 917.272246. wiring diagram
It shows a B & S wiring harness with remote solenoid & a white trigger wire.
So that is not right either.
As per my reply to your other thread, you will have to rece the blue wire back through the loom
It should go the the parking brake switch then to the PTO switch then back to the key switch S ( start ) terminal
This terminal should only show battery voltage with the key in the S position, so pull it out & check it
You may have some thing like ants inside the switch shorting out the B & S terminals.
Yes it has happened before, both with the key switch and another poster with the PTO switch.