Craftsman walk behind rear wheel

Richie F

Threads
Have a Craftsman 22" model 917.376570
Need one rear wheel for it.
Are there other brands other than Craftsman that uses the same wheel?
P/N for wheel 194387X427
Thanks

Forest#2

Threads
Probably several other brands that use that same wimpy high priced PLASTIC wheels at $40 set

I've had experience with those walk behind with the large rear plastic wheels, especially the ones that have a rear bagger.

For a permanent fix I have replaced the plastic ones with steel center ones like for example ones made by Arnold 12 inch dia 1/2 inch arbor and measure the huboffset steel center wheels. I've found them on flea bay used.
A rear bagger full of grass breaks the Plastic but they are built to fail.

efred

Threads
Have a Craftsman 22" model 917.376570
Need one rear wheel for it.
Are there other brands other than Craftsman that uses the same wheel?
P/N for wheel 194387X427
Thanks
Amazon sells them for $45 a pair. I don't know how good they are, other than factory replacement/equivalent.

Forest#2

Threads
Amazon sells them for $45 a pair. I don't know how good they are, other than factory replacement/equivalent.
Right, the plastic pair is usually $40-60. If you only have one broken now you will have a spare. The other one will break soon.

Just a hint:
One thing that breaks the high type plastic often is mowing sideways on a slope with the bagger heavy. The side force on the downhill side wimpy wheel is too much stress. If possible mow up/down a slope instead of sideways. If this is not possible plan on replacing the plastic wheels often or install the steel center type Arnold wheels or remove the bagger to reduce the weight on the plastic rims. (I've tried re-enforcing the plastic spokes and then the center hub breaks out) Poor design.

efred

Threads
Right, the plastic pair is usually $40-60. If you only have one broken now you will have a spare. The other one will break soon.

Just a hint:
One thing that breaks the high type plastic often is mowing sideways on a slope with the bagger heavy. The side force on the downhill side wimpy wheel is too much stress. If possible mow up/down a slope instead of sideways. If this is not possible plan on replacing the plastic wheels often or install the steel center type Arnold wheels or remove the bagger to reduce the weight on the plastic rims. (I've tried re-enforcing the plastic spokes and then the center hub breaks out) Poor design.
Where do you get these Arnold wheels, and what do they fit? I have a Brinly-Hardy lawn sweeper, that keeps breaking the ring gear in the wheel, and they are $73.00 EACH.

Richie F

Threads