craftsman trashcan

Cwalters

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a craftsman ys4500 it has a craftsman Kohler 26hp motor with a 54" deck.
I have moderate hills on my yard and when I push the forward pedal all the way down it just stops until I release about half way then it creeps up the hill and I have to keep finding the sweet spot or it just won't move. Could it be the drive belt? Or what could it be?

Rocky J

Threads
The belt is where I would start, there is a picture of the belt routing diagram under the left hand side running board, if you push the brake pedal down and set the parking brake the belt will be loose, just a thought , pull up on the brake pedal next time it happens. I think the belt part number is under the hood with other info numbers.

Cwalters

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will look into the belt tomorrow but with a quick explanation how would the belt help move me if I'm letting off the gas pedal and not when I push the pedal all the way down

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Takes more power to use full hydraulic pressure. Belt slips on high pressure spike. Pulling back on the brake pedal will sometimes put more tension on the belts. Worth a try.

Cwalters

Forum Newbie
Threads
Alright cool ill go check even with this shitty ohio weather

Cwalters

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK so pulling back on the brake definitely helped going up hill it was like burst of power. So with this conclusion what is my next step

Rocky J

Threads
See If you can find the spring that pulls the pedal up and see if it is broken, also a v belt pulls on both sides of the V so if it is a 1/2 inch wide belt new and it wears down to 3/8 inch wide the belt ends up on the bottom of the pulley and is about 1/5 th of the belt surface it needs to hook up good .and the rubber dries out and is not sticky anymore. Most likely a new belt will fix your problem.