Craftsman T3000 possible transaxle problem

dbctmc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a T3000, approximately 8-10 years old. Engine runs but tractor won't move forwards or reverse. Suspected broken belt. Before ordering the belt, I checked it. When I disengage the brake, the belt is fairly tight. Definitely not broken. Linkage to the right side pedals is good. Tensioner pulleys seem fine. I made sure nothing had pulled the transmission disengage lever on the back. Is there anything else I am missing? It was operating fine with no sign of a problem before. Thanks,

David

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lets start wtih the model and serial number from under the seat since there appears to be more than one version of a T3000 mower.

dbctmc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lets start wtih the model and serial number from under the seat since there appears to be more than one version of a T3000 mower.
Model 917-203900
S/N 012914A001985

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads

dbctmc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Most likely an issue with the General transmission which has it own torque converter belt drive system.

I wonder if it will be worthwhile repairing. There is no longer any repair shops near me that will work on my mower. I would have to do it myself or find a shop an hour or two away. Thanks for the info.