Craftsman T150 19.0 HP Won’t start after Mow in Reverse engine cut-off.

ghornell

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman T150 19.0 HP Won’t start after Mow in Reverse engine cut-off.
Craftsman T150 19.0 HP Won’t start after Mow in Reverse engine cut-off.

I was mowing for about twenty minutes when I put the mower in reverse and the engine cut-off as it is designed to do. This mower is about four summers old and I’ve always pushed that button on the “dashboard” to over-ride this safety feature because I do a lot of reverse mowing. Lately, this button has been intermittently disengaging itself as I’m mowing, and when I reverse the hydrostatic drive with the PTO on, the engine cuts off. Usually, I can shift back into “forward” before the engine cuts off completely and keep it running and then re-engage the over-ride.

But this time, the tractor stalled and it won’t re-start.

I tried removing the connection to the safety over-ride button which is easily accessible right behind that button. (In retrospect, I should’ve done that a long time ago)

But, no luck.

The engine cranks (turns over) very well, but won’t start. The PTO is off. The transmission is in neutral. The driver’s seat is fully depressed. The oil and filter are about five mowing hours old. The air filter is clean. The gas is dry. The engine sounded great when it was running.

I suspect some part of the engine cut off safety system is some how still engaged and preventing it from starting. Or, maybe not.

Any ideas?

ghornell

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got it running again.

A loose wire was the culprit.

This wire is located just to the left of the oil filter and plugs into the right side of a whitish connector that labeled "dolphin." The male end of this wire goes vertically upwards into this connector, and it came loose. In fact, it is still loose, but it is tight enough to work, for now.

I'd like to know what this is, if anyone would like to enlighten me.

Thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Connector housing is just label dolphin as that is the manufacture of the connector housing.