Craftsman T130 Won't Start

JBinNC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello . Purchased a new Craftsman T130 Riding mower 3 years ago .Its Model # is CMXGRAM1130038 with a Briggs and Stratton motor model # 33R7770012G1 .

It has been operating perfectly through three seasons . A few days ago without giving a sign of trouble while mowing , it suddenly shot down . There was no sputtering as if it was running out of fuel or any warning at all . It was as if there was a kill switch that suddenly turned it off instantly . I checked the obvious culprits such as the fuel line and filter , checked for loose wires , fuses etc. but couldn't find anything obvious . The motor will turn over and act like it wants to start . If I spray a small amount of starter fluid into the carb it will run for a second or two then die out again .

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated . Thank You .

JBinNC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well .......... Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me .

Kroe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just had the same issue. Did you ever have any luck?

jay84

Forum Newbie
Threads
...same, now will turn over but not fire up. Checked fuse, cleaned carb, replaced spark plug....no luck

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
...same, now will turn over but not fire up. Checked fuse, cleaned carb, replaced spark plug....no luck
If you spray carburetor spray into carb, and it starts briefly and dies, most likely a fuel related issue.
Possible causes:
Gas cap not venting properly
Fuel pump
Fuel lines clogged
Vapor lock
Anti-afterfire solenoid on carb
Water in fuel
Dirty carburetor
And more…
So you see it is difficult to sometimes diagnose, and is a process of elimination until success is achieved.

jay84

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you spray carburetor spray into carb, and it starts briefly and dies, most likely a fuel related issue.
Possible causes:
Gas cap not venting properly
Fuel pump
Fuel lines clogged
Vapor lock
Anti-afterfire solenoid on carb
Water in fuel
Dirty carburetor
And more…
So you see it is difficult to sometimes diagnose, and is a process of elimination until success is achieved.
It was the fuel solenoid

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
It was the fuel solenoid
Thanks for update. One of the first things I check for fuel related issues is the anti-afterfire solenoid on carburetor by sounds and feel. Pretty common problem.