Craftsman t110 crank no start

jwl110295

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a craftsman t110 with the 17.5 hp Briggs. Pulled it out today to begin mowing and the thing wouldn't start. Unit cranks but will not start. Checked carb looked clean but when I pulled the bowl found white powdery residue inside. Cleand that out and checked everything I. Could and it all seems functional. Attempted to start it again and no change. Found that if I cover the intake with my hand and let in small bursts of air I can get it running for a few seconds but it will not stay on when I remove my hand. Also observed some white smoke come out of the intake on the last attempt. Should I clean, rebuild, or replace the carb. And if clean can I use the new gas I have as a solvent or do I need to buy some cleaner.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you leave gas in the unit all winter? If so, even with additives, I would remove all fuel and start fresh.

jwl110295

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you leave gas in the unit all winter? If so, even with additives, I would remove all fuel and start fresh.
So I should expand a little in my area of Texas our winter is so mild that we still mow regularly even during winter so its never sat longer than 3 weeks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But has you fuel sat longer than three weeks? White smoke to me indicates water in the fuel. Condensation will build n the gas can very quickly in humid conditions.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
White powdery residue inside is a sign of water in the fuel. A good carburetor cleaning along cleaning the anti after fire solenoid should resolve the problem. Of course check the fuel system for water being present. Depending how damage is done it may even require a carburetor replacement.

Always store fuel in sealed containers especially fuel with Ethanol as it attracts moisture.

jwl110295

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I've had the opportunity now to actually clean the carb the problem is still the same. I will now replaces the fuel as mentioned. I know I've had the gas for quite a while 3 months or better but all of my other equipment is running strong with it. We dont sell non ethanol gas in my area is there any recommendations for how do stop this issue.

jwl110295

Forum Newbie
Threads
White powdery residue inside is a sign of water in the fuel. A good carburetor cleaning along cleaning the anti after fire solenoid should resolve the problem. Of course check the fuel system for water being present. Depending how damage is done it may even require a carburetor replacement.

Always store fuel in sealed containers especially fuel with Ethanol as it attracts moisture.
What is the anti after fire solenoid

jwl110295

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok so I located the anti after fire or as I knew it the fuel shut of and tested it with direct power it does not activate. Is this part repairable or do I have to replace ot

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Remove the solenoid from the bowl and spray wd40 on the plunger stem and work it up and down and it should free up. Wd40 is a good cleaner/solvent but a lousy lubricant.

jwl110295

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove the solenoid from the bowl and spray wd40 on the plunger stem and work it up and down and it should free up. Wd40 is a good cleaner/solvent but a lousy lubricant.
I tried that and put 12v stright to it with my power probe used carb cleaner and some of that water displacement stuff but it didn't move checked with a multi meter and found it has no conection internally