craftsman riding lawn mower-- free wheeling control will not disengage transmission

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / craftsman riding lawn mower-- free wheeling control will not disengage transmission
I am always delighted when some one tells me I made a mistake or something I thought was right is wrong, just so long as whoever does so explains why I was wrong so I can understand and correct myself.
Because I am conceited I expect every one else to have the same philosophy as me thus they get treated the same.

And finally, the OP ( and every one else who reads this post ) now has 2 opposing opinions which till one of us goes "oops" which might be in 1 minute , 1 day or a week so the explanation is important.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / craftsman riding lawn mower-- free wheeling control will not disengage transmission
I too do not mind being corrected when I make a mistake. I was just pointing out the long and short of it. :laughing::laughing:

ole guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
ole guy here again---- I finally got the free wheeling lever loose so I can now push the mower with the free wheeling control lever pulled out. Once I found the frozen lever I was able to axcess it best thru the grass discharge place---- I sprayed it with a liberal amount of wd-40 and taped it a few times with a small hammer and the thing came unstuck.. Thanks to all you who replied for your help and concern. ole guy