Craftsman R110 wont turn over. Video included.

Detramowingman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Two days ago I was going to start my Craftsman R110 mower and had the following issue. When inserting the key I noticed the light for when the key is inserted was not appearing. As I turned it, the mower did not want to start. I did hear some clicking but only if I held down the key for longer than usual. I tried to charge the battery but I only have a float charger, but it was on it for 2 days so I thought it would be enough.. am I wrong to assume the float charger would have actually helped and should I get a different charger?? I checked the safety switches and all are pushed down.

Here is a video of what it is doing

And ideas?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the spark plug out and see if you can turn the engine over BY HAND
The cylinder could be full of fuel so don't try & cranks it with the starter lest you want to claim insurance for a fire damaged mower
Let us know what you find .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes you need a better charger as the tickle charger will not recharge a depleted battery. Also you have a Briggs 310000 series engine which are bad about breaking the automatic compression release on the camshaft.

Ronni

Threads
Two days ago I was going to start my Craftsman R110 mower and had the following issue. When inserting the key I noticed the light for when the key is inserted was not appearing. As I turned it, the mower did not want to start. I did hear some clicking but only if I held down the key for longer than usual. I tried to charge the battery but I only have a float charger, but it was on it for 2 days so I thought it would be enough.. am I wrong to assume the float charger would have actually helped and should I get a different charger?? I checked the safety switches and all are pushed down.

Here is a video of what it is doing

And ideas?
Been there; first of all, how old is your battery? If it is three years or older, you need a new battery; that is how long they last - period.
Second of all, How old is the mower? If you use it a lot and, say it is seven years old; you may need to replace the starter solenoid and/or the starter. Start with just the solenoid then go to the starter if that doesn't work. Also, get a real battery charger; not a trickle charger. If you don't know much about mower maintenance, take the mower to a mower repair shop.