Craftsman Mower won't shift

ezrollin

Threads
I'm re-posting because I realized my first post wasn't very clear. After replacing the drive belt the mower doesn't want to shift and will barely move. I tried adjust the clutch rod but it didn't solve the problem.

gainestruk

Threads
I'm re-posting because I realized my first post wasn't very clear. After replacing the drive belt the mower doesn't want to shift and will barely move. I tried adjust the clutch rod but it didn't solve the problem.

My first thought would be belt is wrong size, I looked up tractor number you put on first post and sears doesn't pull anything up.
Check under seat and make sure you have right tractor number.

ezrollin

Threads
My first thought would be belt is wrong size, I looked up tractor number you put on first post and sears doesn't pull anything up.
Check under seat and make sure you have right tractor number.

Actually it is a 502.255092 and sears has parts,I couldn't find an owners manual but did find one for a 536.270112 which is the same mower just a newer model. I did check the belt and even measured it with a cloth tape,it was 30 inches. I adjusted the clutch rod per the manual several times but got the same results. I think there is a problem in the trans axle 4450-1 which I took apart a couple of years ago to clean and grease. After I replaced the belt my grandson cut a strip about 50 ft long before it quit moving. I took the trans axle out earlier today and will be checking it out to see if there's any damage. I have a diagram of the 4450-1 but would like to find a repair pdf I can down load. Anyone have a link ?