Export thread

Craftsman Mower won't shift

E

ezrollin

I'm re-posting because I realized my first post wasn't very clear. After replacing the drive belt the mower doesn't want to shift and will barely move. I tried adjust the clutch rod but it didn't solve the problem.

G

gainestruk

I'm re-posting because I realized my first post wasn't very clear. After replacing the drive belt the mower doesn't want to shift and will barely move. I tried adjust the clutch rod but it didn't solve the problem.

My first thought would be belt is wrong size, I looked up tractor number you put on first post and sears doesn't pull anything up.
Check under seat and make sure you have right tractor number.

E

ezrollin

My first thought would be belt is wrong size, I looked up tractor number you put on first post and sears doesn't pull anything up.
Check under seat and make sure you have right tractor number.

Actually it is a 502.255092 and sears has parts,I couldn't find an owners manual but did find one for a 536.270112 which is the same mower just a newer model. I did check the belt and even measured it with a cloth tape,it was 30 inches. I adjusted the clutch rod per the manual several times but got the same results. I think there is a problem in the trans axle 4450-1 which I took apart a couple of years ago to clean and grease. After I replaced the belt my grandson cut a strip about 50 ft long before it quit moving. I took the trans axle out earlier today and will be checking it out to see if there's any damage. I have a diagram of the 4450-1 but would like to find a repair pdf I can down load. Anyone have a link ?