Craftsman mini cultivator model 536.292510

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
as stated in the last post, keep the starter fluid around or find the cause. The air to fuel mixture needs to be richer when the engine is cold. It sounds like either the choke or fuel primer bulb isn't working, or being used incorrectly. I had a carb on my edger that took maybe 20 squirts to get the engine to start when cold. Rebuilding the carb did not help. Then I replaced it with a new old stock one and it starts first pull on a couple squirts of the primer. Sometimes things just get worn internally in the carbs. If yours starts with a couple primes but dies over and over, that might be the fuel supply system. On many of the old carbs that is a small diaphragm that has a flap on it that acts as a check valve in a fuel pump. When they warp they don't seal. No seal, no fuel, so no run.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Magneto end seal is item #20, part #510328. PTO end seal is item #78 part #510319.

Fishnuts2

Threads
Make sure the gasket between the carb and intake block is lined up properly for the pulse port from the crankcase. Use only non ethanol fuel mix or Trufuel 40-1 on these little engines.
And using starting fluid in a 2 cycle engine is inviting disaster. It washes the oil out of the engine or dilutes it. It’ll cause more problems than you need.
In fact, I use ether to clean the oil and dirt out of air filters on chain saws. Try it and watch what it does to the oil.