Craftsman LT 3000 Won't Start

JR683

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purchased new a year ago. Everything fine till today. Was in the middle of mowing and she shut off like I turned off the key. Now she cranks and cranks but no start. I think I checked all of the important items. Plenty of fuel, filter clean and full. Checked safety switches, seat and blade, and 20 amp fuse. Could it be in the engine? Like magneto or something else? Have Briggs & Stratton 21 hp ohv.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Purchased new a year ago. Everything fine till today. Was in the middle of mowing and she shut off like I turned off the key. Now she cranks and cranks but no start. I think I checked all of the important items. Plenty of fuel, filter clean and full. Checked safety switches, seat and blade, and 20 amp fuse. Could it be in the engine? Like magneto or something else? Have Briggs & Stratton 21 hp ohv.

Did you check for spark ?
If you have no spark unhook the wire going to the coil. If still no spark then coil is bad. If spark then follow the wire looking of a bad spot.

Could be a safety switch but most time if it is a safety switch the engine will not crank at all.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check oil level, air filter for replacement, hands on- check all wire harness connections for being tight and secure, including ignition switch etc.
It's something simple more than likely.