Craftsman kohler won't start, no fuel. Please help?

snapsstorer

Threads
Looking at your pic there you may have a very small crack in the pump or an air leak on where the pieces are crimped to it. had the same problem with my JD's fuel pump. it was just a hard to see crack, but found it when i sprayed some carb cleaner on it.

Dradis

Threads
Rivets said:
Take the line off going to the carb and turn the engine over. Might want to attach a piece of hose on first. If no fuel come put when you turn the engine over you found your problem.

Thanks, rivets. I did just that and fuel flowed just fine. Guess I'll have to move on to the carb.

snapsstorer said:
Looking at your pic there you may have a very small crack in the pump or an air leak on where the pieces are crimped to it.

I can't seem to find this possible crack. If you see it on the pump, could you highlight it in the pic and repost? If you see it on the fuel line, it's no big deal since I'm in the process of replacing all of those.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Dradis

Threads
:biggrin:problem Solved! Thanks everybody! I got the engine running today after I cleaned the carb. I had to figure out how to remove it, then use an entire can of carb cleaner, but its running strong now!

I really knew nothing about engines a few days ago, and now I know just a little more than nothing, so this is a real challenge to me. I probably couldn't do it without this great community. Now, I'll just finish the rewiring and it's ready to go, but i'll start a different thread for those questions.

Also, just for future reference, my carb bowl did not seam to have a needle but did have a hollow plastic float, much like a modern toilet. I'm assuming this is a newer equivalent to the needle which some of you have mentioned, right?