Craftsman Kohler engine stuck both intake valves in the guides

Hello MParr,

Inside the crank case unknown but there is no unusual noise when cranking and both pistons move in the cylinders.

I do not think the owner has done any adjustments or service except change the oil and filter and refuel. The oil appears to be way overdue because it is very black.
 
Hello MParr,

Inside the crank case unknown but there is no unusual noise when cranking and both pistons move in the cylinders.

I do not think the owner has done any adjustments or service except change the oil and filter and refuel. The oil appears to be way overdue because it is very black.
Do you have a extending magnet that will fit in the dipstick hole? If you do, stick it in there and see if anything comes with it. I would also cut open the oil filter and look for any unusual debris.
I wouldn't think it would be to your advantage of going any further if you find unusual debris in the engine.
 
Back
Top