craftsman hydro gear

jimvb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a ltx 1000 with a hydro gear transaxle model# 314-0510. I have had trouble with it slowing down when it gets warm(like almost everyone has this problem sooner or later). I took the unit out and opened the casing and replaced the pump and motor blocks, the thrust bearings, the center section, drive belt, flat idler pulley, bearings, seals and oil. When I put it all back together, I purged the system just like the manual instructed and I still have the same problem with it slowing down when it warms up. I also checked the bypass arm and the brake adjustment. I am at a loss with what to do next. I'm thinking that the new center section is leaking or the check balls are not seating properly. Can anyone help me figure this one out?

thanks in advance

Nwcat74

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a ltx 1000 with a hydro gear transaxle model# 314-0510. I have had trouble with it slowing down when it gets warm(like almost everyone has this problem sooner or later). I took the unit out and opened the casing and replaced the pump and motor blocks, the thrust bearings, the center section, drive belt, flat idler pulley, bearings, seals and oil. When I put it all back together, I purged the system just like the manual instructed and I still have the same problem with it slowing down when it warms up. I also checked the bypass arm and the brake adjustment. I am at a loss with what to do next. I'm thinking that the new center section is leaking or the check balls are not seating properly. Can anyone help me figure this one out?

thanks in advance

It sounds like the hydro unit is solid and is similar to a problem I had. Check the tension on the hydro drive belt. As the mower runs, the belt will start to slip. Mine was due to a missing spring on the belt tension assembly. You can check for this by lifting up up on the brake pedal when it starts to slip. Another thing to check for is a dragging brake.
Hope this helps someone
For other help check with the Guy who said, "I am the truth,the way, and the life"