Craftsman deck wobble

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
YT3000. 917.288520

The back braces have been welded. Looks like the didn't get them as high as the could've. But they're close. The front rod, I've switched to the other side and that didn't help.

None the less, it acts like there's supposed to be some sort of stabilizer. But the parts diagram doesn't show one.
Except the the two suspension arms. But they don't stabilize much.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Some of the newer Craftsman/Poulan/Husqvarna mowers didn't have a cross support and after some wear and tear the deck will tend to float side to side a fair amount.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most of the husqvarna mowers i have worked on Have a flimsey rod on the rear of the deck to stabilize it. They get bent all the time and they fall off. Maybe husqvarna figured out the rod is junk and just leave them off now?

Or the bracket under the left foot rest that had the flat steel rod. The bracket gets broke and will be just hanging off of the flat rod.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That particular deck suspension system will have 2+- inches side to movement which is normal with that increasing as the two stabilizer arms holes wear.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
That particular deck suspension system will have 2+- inches side to movement which is normal with that increasing as the two stabilizer arms holes wear.

I was thinking about maybe putting a washer in the front of those two arms. That, and the hangers, are the ONLY thing connecting it to the back. Maybe a couple of washer on the hangers might help too.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you try to restrict their movement side to side they will fracture
OR the brackets they fir into will fracture which is why some one suggested you check the brackets earlier on .

anointedrj

Forum Newbie
Threads
YT3000. 917.288520

The back braces have been welded. Looks like the didn't get them as high as the could've. But they're close. The front rod, I've switched to the other side and that didn't help.

None the less, it acts like there's supposed to be some sort of stabilizer. But the parts diagram doesn't show one.
Except the the two suspension arms. But they don't stabilize much.
My Husqvarna is doing the same. I just purchased it used (2018 model) and noticed sway in the deck. There is a bracket on each side of the chassis that I have thought about attaching 'wire ties' to prevent too much action. The wire ties would be flexible enough to allow for up and down movement, and hopefully restrict sway.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Husqvarna is doing the same. I just purchased it used (2018 model) and noticed sway in the deck. There is a bracket on each side of the chassis that I have thought about attaching 'wire ties' to prevent too much action. The wire ties would be flexible enough to allow for up and down movement, and hopefully restrict sway.

I was thinking about some sort of spring, from the frame to the deck. Maybe two springs.