Craftsman 917370927 Self-Propelled Mower - Need Exit chute

SharpAndCunning

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman 917370927 Self-Propelled Mower - Need Exit chute
Hi Everyone,

I've decided it's not worth bagging grass clippings anymore, and I would like to just have it exit the mower. I've got a few year old Craftsman Model Number 917.370927 mower. It has a side exit "flapper" with a locker tab on it that seems to be frozen, and I've been looking around for one of the side exit attachments just so it'll throw the grass out the side.

I can't seem to find the number for it, and the manual shows the attachment, but no item number.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the mower has a solid catcher you can just cut the left side out of it.
Just be careful because while it will throw long so the clippings will vanish very quickly, it will also throw high so nasties can end up going through windows , hitting bystanders etc.
Down here it was common to make a side discharge chute that just replaced the catcher with a bit of a diverter on the top to limit the height of the discharge
I have seen some rear flaps cut out & fitted with some aircon tubing to do the same thing .

SharpAndCunning

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for this. I was on searspartsdirect and I couldn't find the deflector. I appreciate this!

If the mower has a solid catcher you can just cut the left side out of it.
Just be careful because while it will throw long so the clippings will vanish very quickly, it will also throw high so nasties can end up going through windows , hitting bystanders etc.
Down here it was common to make a side discharge chute that just replaced the catcher with a bit of a diverter on the top to limit the height of the discharge
I have seen some rear flaps cut out & fitted with some aircon tubing to do the same thing .
You know, not a bad idea, and I would certainly do this is the parts were no longer available.