Repairs Craftsman 4.5HP Eager-1 21" rotary push mover questions

LGalina

Forum Newbie
1. Who is engine maker? Briggs? Tehcumeh?

2. Is it true that with the Operator Presence Control Lever (aka flywheel brake) released, the ignition coil is connected by a wire from the coil to the engine block, thereby preventing a spark by grounding out the voltage spike that is generated when the magnet rotates past the coil?

3. Is it true that the grounding point of that wire from the coil to the engine is located such that it cannot be accessed without removing the flywheel?

Thanks for any help. I know you are busy.
 
Seeing you don't provide model numbers, I will make an assumption that it has a Tecumseh engine. Yes the coil is grounded to a switch on the brake assembly. Most times you can get to this grounding point without removing the flywheel, just the shroud, depending on the age of your unit. Don't really know why you would want to do so, not something a good tech would do.
 
34443D is the part number and the gap is .010". From your original post I would never have guessed that.
 
Back
Top