Craftsman 30" riding mower/get off without killing engine

jimvt

Member
I got this mower in August and it works quite well. Just mulching some leaves today instead of raking.

I've been through the manual closely and cannot find a way to get off the mower without killing the engine. It's a pain to crank it up again.

The manual seems to imply that it can be done but I haven't figured it out.

Any help appreciated.

JD
 
I got this mower in August and it works quite well. Just mulching some leaves today instead of raking.

I've been through the manual closely and cannot find a way to get off the mower without killing the engine. It's a pain to crank it up again.

The manual seems to imply that it can be done but I haven't figured it out.

Any help appreciated.

JD

There is a safety switch under the set. Look for that. Jump a wire across it or tape the switch.
 
Thanks for the quick response.
I've just been through an issue with the safety switch.
When I put the mulch kit on I apparently didn't get it seated right and the battery wouldn't turn over.
The repair guy just reset the kit and voila!
I'd rather not override a safety switch which is there for a reason.

I just wonder if there isn't a way to get off without killing the motor (or switch).
 
Back
Top